Monday 16 February 2015

Recharged Batteries


Yesterday morning I felt as though I'd come out of hibernation. I sat listening to The Archers (when is that Rob Tichener going to get his very just desserts?) as I got down to cleaning my cameras on the kitchen table and recharging numerous batteries. As I did so I noticed that the two bunches of daffodils that I'd bought last week were suddenly bursting out. I think I love the spring above all, and here was the perfect harbinger of both the season and the fact that this week I get back on the highways and byways of Unmitigated England. I just thought I'd share them with you. 

9 comments:

Zephyrinus said...

Welcome back, Peter, to the highways and byways of Unmitigated England.

We look forward to more riveting Posts and scintillating pics.

Bon Voyage.

The Vintage Knitter said...

Daffodils have made an appearance both in the household and garden, as the bulbs I planted back in September have started to emerge. I'm now looking forward to a colourful display of both daffodils and tulips this spring.

Peter Ashley said...

Thankyou Zephyrinus, I'm checking the oil and tyres now.

VK: Only snowdrops so far in the environs of Ashley Towers. In a previous existence I always looked out for aconites in January, bright yellow stars of hope.

Sue Imgrund said...

Maybe sitting in a jug of Adnam's beer helps with the bursting out!

Philip Wilkinson said...

A lovely jug of daffodils – such sights indeed recharge one's spiritual batteries. Round here, we reckon that the roadside daffodils should be out by race week (Cheltenham Gold Cup), but that's three weeks away yet.

Helena said...

I did a little gardening yesterday in lovely sunshine, and found primroses flowering which were definitely not out the other day. And I've noticed the birds singing much more, especially in the mornings. I'm daring to start thinking that spring might not be too far away.

Unknown said...

Remember Derek Tangye's account of leaving the city life and buying a daffodil farm in Cornwall? Bloody hard, cold work harvesting them. It really is a miracle that for only a quid a bunch in Sainsburys (probably way too cheap), your home can be cheered beyond measure. I see you're utilising the admirable Adnams enamel jug...for good measure. Bon chance and bring us more, much more.

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Love the Adnams jug.

Mel said...

lovely… & of good cheer where needed!