Wednesday 12 February 2014

Unexpected Alphabet No.22


Thinking about all this water, water, everywhere; and its attendant miseries, I thought we ought to have something much brighter and summery to look at. So rummaging through last year's pictures I came across this. Irresistible, obviously. From what I remember, the lettering is beautifully ticked-in (as signwriters say) along the jib of a big mobile crane used to hoik boats in and out of Oare Creek at Faversham in Kent. All around here is a wonderland of the things we like: boat hulls, maritime detritus, rusting containers. Let's hope the sun starts to shine on Faversham and everywhere else very soon, and for longer than five minutes.

3 comments:

Philip Wilkinson said...

Very nice. I like those narrow cross-bars. And the red is very cheery. Keep em coming.

Sue Imgrund said...

Yup, love the primary colours.

Peter Ashley said...

Yes Sue, I think someone had very thoughtfully put that yellow crane there just for me.