Saturday 12 January 2008

Hot Oil & Blue Exhaust

I include this old boy because there are frequent visitors to this blog (you know who you are) who will get very, very, excited by it. Not for them the pristine over-restored specimens paraded in front of admiring crowds at agricultural shows- 'And here's Dick Blogwort on his 1953 Mudslinger, good to see you here again Dick'- but far rather something half-disintegrating into a hedge.This will be pulled out by an equally disintegrating Landrover in order to spend another five years distintegrating further in the corner of a dusty barn with sparrows twittering up in the roof, half-covered in a grimy tarpaulin. I just love it, it's that Pleasing Decay thing that John Piper introduced us to, the fact that some things are very satisfying if just left alone to disappear of their own accord. Not that this tractor wouldn't be fun to drive again- at least two of my commentators would have it going in seconds however long it had been resting-up on this patch of Rutland. A tuneless fanfare through a rolled-up copy of the Farmers Weekly for the first to identify it.

13 comments:

Fred Fibonacci said...

Fordson?

Affer said...

Great photo! Is it by any chance a Massey Ferguson 35 - the three cylinder one?

Peter Ashley said...

The thing is you see I've got no idea. I wished I'd looked more closely when I was rolling about in the poppies. That white strip on the engine cover isn't me trying to hide anything, but I must admit it's where one would expect to find a rusting chrome Fordson badge.

Diplomate said...

I'd be thinking more along the lines of David Brown, possibly a 950. Anyway, lovely picture and of course i was excited.

Ron Combo said...

Interesting colourways, green (?) body and yellow wheels. Early John Deere? Lovely picture of course, but who were you rolling around in the poppies with?

Diplomate said...

Sorry Ron - David Brown I'm afraid, (12 pints of Atlantic Class 75 on it). I appreciate this may very annoying but that's life. Now then we need some Grappa action soon.

Affer said...

Sir Diplomat....genius and well-spotted!

Peter Ashley said...

Am just rolling up the Farmers Weekly now. You see you just have to trust Diplo on stuff like this.

Anonymous said...

There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of difference between the two apps, although reviews on the Marketplace indicate that Lazy - Tube has some issues storing login details while You - Tube by Lazy - Worm has performance issues, depending on your phone. Despite the millions of earnings, it's nonetheless wise to go for something that's economical. For a video to rake in this many views,ever, much less in a few days,is historic.

Here is my web page - youtube views and likes

Unknown said...

Have you been interested to ways to gain worldwide recognition swiftly? You merely require to Buy Facebook Followers to become well known on world-wide-web. boost fb followers

Unknown said...

Then this solution is completely appropriate with your need, if you are seeking best as well as straightforward means to advertise your company. rank likes

Buy Facebook Views said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.

Facebook Marketing Tips said...

The post is very nice. I just shared on my Facebook Account.